20110406

Neuschwanstein

.




We went to Schloss Neuschwanstein this weekend. Although it's no three hours drive far from here, i've never been there before. A bit ashamed. But "Kitsch" has never been much my thing.

And many people working more or less scientifically with architecture still get pimple on their faces only thinking of historicism in art.

But the trip was actually interesting. Sure, one can argue that building such a castle is insane and far too much. Nonetheless this project has been zeitgeisty.

I'm not a king or queen. I won't build a great castle and hopfully nothing that will ruin me so obviously. But at least i asked myself during the trip: Why not cherish the idea of creating a place where one can stay peacefully? Why not hold on dreams, even if they seem to be a bit special?

.

Keine Kommentare: